Thursday, January 24, 2013

dear liam - four weeks

My sweet boy,

Happy four weeks!  I have always heard other parents talk about how fast time flies after they have a baby, and I'm experiencing first hand how true it is.  You are growing so fast and are much more alert these days.  You make me laugh every day with your many facial expressions.  Daddy and I gave you a bath tonight after you decided to tinkle while he was changing your diaper.  You don't cry during bath time, but you had a very disgruntled look on your face like a little old man.  It's so stinkin' cute.

You sleep pretty good at night usually only waking up twice to eat.  You don't like to be worn in any of the carriers I have.  I hope you change your mind about that soon.  I love it when you fall asleep all curled up on my chest.  It's the sweetest thing.  Otherwise you don't like to be cuddled too much.  You have been holding your head up when on your tummy almost since you were born and we all marvel at how strong you are.  If you're not sleepy and I'm holding you, you like to hold your head up with your eyes wide and look around and make an "o" with your mouth.  It always makes me laugh.

I got out your activity mat Uncle Matthew and Aunt Jessie got for you yesterday.  You seem to like it a lot. Apparently Sully likes it too because I found him laying on it today.

Your smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  Today you were smiling so big.  It completely melts me. I haven't been able to capture a picture of it yet, but I hope to soon. I can't wait to hear you laugh.

Getting to know each other over the past month has been so much fun. I love to study your little face and features. You have the biggest most beautiful eyes right now. We are pretty sure they will change to brown or green at some point. I've been clumsy at times trying to figure out this whole parenting thing.  Thank you for being patient with me as I learn how to best take care of you.

I feel like I'm struggling to properly document these days as they speed by. I wanted to write you a letter sooner, but it's hard to find time to sit down and write.  The lyrics of a Bethany Dillon song come to my mind often.  "Though I'm tired now you're worth every sleepless night. You're worth it all because I know you're the best song I'll ever write.  As we're humming and dancing through the years together you're the best song I'll ever write.  And I pray you'll see Jesus in it when you're older."

You are already outgrowing some of your outfits. I can't put the outfit you came home from the hospital on anymore.  I'm trying to study you as you grow so I can always remember what you were like right now. Your Daddy and I definitely need to make more use of the video camera we bought just before you made your appearance.

Your Daddy and I are so madly in love with you. Our hearts have been captured by you. It's been such an amazing adventure so far, and we've only just begun.

I love you my little one.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment