Wednesday, June 20, 2012

we're expecting!

On April 19th I woke up and had a hunch that maybe I should take a pregnancy test.  We weren't trying, but we weren't preventing either.  However, after two years of this, I didn't really think I could pregnant.  No way. 

To my great shock and surprise two little lines appeared.  This couldn't be right though.  No way am I pregnant. We had just moved a week ago, so I scrounged around to find another test. Things were still in boxes and very unorganized.  It also showed two little lines.  What the what!!

Patrick had already left for work, so it was just me and the dog.  I stopped by Rite Aid on my way to work and bought a digital test that read either "pregnant" or "not pregnant".  Nothing to analyze or read into.  I chugged water like Juno and took the test in the restroom at work.  It read, "pregnant."

Can I just say this was the longest day in history?  Keeping this little secret all to myself until I could get home to tell Patrick in person made the minutes feel like hours.

I get home and had the video ready on my iPhone because I wanted to record his reaction.  I had the digital pregnancy test in my back pocket.  I've waited all day, I'm finally home, and the man is on the phone! I could not wait another minute to share this news.  You can hear me in the video whispering, "Get off the phone! Get off the phone!"

Videoing tipped him off because he whispers back, "Are you pregnant?!"  I just kept telling him to get.off.the.phone!  When he hung up I showed him the pregnancy test and we both just laughed and laughed.  We were shocked.  We were surprised.  We're having a baby?!

It was not apart of our plan because we had just moved into a new home exactly one week prior, but life is notorious for throwing curve balls into our "plans".

The first trimester was extremely difficult.  I was very sick and as a result suffered from some depression.  I was sick for about 8 weeks, and they were the longest 8 weeks of my life.  Nothing got touched during that time in our new home.  Boxes remained unpacked, papers needing filing piled up in our kitchen, the catch all room stayed full of random stuff....  We had no social life because I was simply not up to doing anything but going to bed when I got home from work.  I was rough.

I am so thankful that at 14 weeks I started feeling better.  It was like a fog lifted.  I could live a normal life again.  I was free from the cycle of work and then bed.  I hear sickness can return in the third trimester, so I am soaking up every minute of well being right now.

Also we found out that we're having a BOY!!!!  We are overjoyed and can not wait to meet him.  Here is a picture from our 3D ultrasound.


He was sucking his thumb!  Melt my heart already.

No comments:

Post a Comment