Thursday, June 02, 2011

cream filled heaven

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I love to bake.  I mostly bake cupcakes, but I love to bake any kind of confection goodness.  I recently took a cupcake class at our local community college.  Here is what I came home with.  I ran out of time, so I didn't get to decorate all of them.  Fondant has always intimidated me, but this class gave me a little more confidence.



I recently found a recipe for cream filled cupcakes like a hostess cake that I wanted to try.  I found the recipe while searching for a cream filling because I love a cream filled doughnut, and I wanted to try to replicate it.  The first one I tried did not go so well.  However on Sunday I was able to find a couple of recipes that worked for me.



Making the chocolate buttercream



All done filling and ready for icing

Yummo

Cream filled goodness

I used box mix for the cupcakes (this recipe is time consuming, so I didn't feel like taking the time to make the cupcakes from scratch.  Maybe next time.), this filling, and this chocolate buttercream (her filling did not work for me the first time).   Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment