Wednesday, December 27, 2006

An Uncanny Peace

I'm not really sure how to start this one. My previous post, lessons, described the season I have been in this fall/winter. This past Friday and Saturday were mangled from one frustrating event to another. As things would become stressful and overwhelming, through tears my spirit would sink into weighing sadness. Then one thing would work itself out making the rest seem not so bad, and I would say to myself, "See, why get so worked up? It's going to be OK." But then something else pops up that causes the whole system of outlook and emotion to roar in to chaos. I couldn't win for loosing. This probably makes no sense, but I don't wish to bore you with mundane details. All this to say, by the time I headed to Asheville Saturday afternoon, I was at peace. And surprisingly enough, I've been that way since.

Usually going home is something to be dreaded and avoided. However, I had a rather lovely trip home. When I got to Asheville, I was completely taken by it's serene beauty. A total calm washed over my spirit. I saw people I hadn't seen in probably years because the last two years I drove down Christmas day and came back that evening, which left only time for the absolute necessaries to be visited. This was my third trip home in the last two months. That is record for me! It was a blessing to be home, which all I can do is thank and praise God because my family, especially during holidays, can be a challenge. Challenge is a gentle word to use, but again, I'll spare you the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment