Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's been a while.....

It has been exactly a year since I last blogged. Long time! I have started 7 blogs since then but didn't have the inspiration to finish or publish them. 2007 has been an interesting year. A lot has changed. I actually have my own computer now, so there is no excuse for the lack of bloggage in my life. On a serious note, I suppose there is reason why I haven't blogged the past year. Usually God is tugging or writing something in my heart and that is what I blog about. I'm not saying God hasn't been working in me the last year because that is not at all the case, but the lessons/revelations have come slower lately. I have been/ am learning how to walk with the Lord in the different seasons of my life. I know that may sound silly or strange, but for me it has been a great challenge to learn how to stay near when my life isn't wrought with lingering ache, struggle, and brokenness. 2007 has been a year of healing, blessing, and change. I have still struggled, no doubt, but there hasn't been this looming fog of struggle and ache settled around me. It has been a year of surrender, LIKE WHOA! I have, with the help of the Lord of course, slowly untangled and let down walls and guards in my heart that have been painful but it has been good. The season I have been in lately is one that has been hard, but I have been able to see almost immediately the good of the difficulty. The past few years have been hard and the goodness that came from it all took a lot longer for me to see the fruit of it all. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone, but that is what this past season has been like for me. I'm pretty sure no one reads this thing, especially anymore, but I hope your 2007 has been one of purpose. I hope 2008 will be one of purpose, peace, and joy. Cheers!
*disclaimer: since this post, I published some posts that I had started but never finished, so technically it looks like I have blogged this past year. Ok that's all*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Hi...I "happened" upon this. Nice blog. I still read it...it's just been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Courtney, I love you. I love reading what God is doing in your life. I know I'm a little late in reading this but I wanted to let you know that it was awesome and I'm so blessed and happy to know you :-)

    ReplyDelete